Tuesday, May 01, 2007

it's been a very long time since i last set foot on this piece of cyberland.
if my memories still havn't failed me, it was stayover at wen qi's house that i last blogged. And THAT post was a collab between me and bro rh..

this post may well be deemed as an account of my life on labour day 2007. But YET it made me think. Think of hcco. think of xyz. think of the jnrs who hopefully will realise we've reached single digit countdown to 10th may.. comtemplation some may i call it. i dare not claim this term for my streams of consciousness. yes. streams of consciousness would suffice well enough.

-5.30am 1st may 07-
6 and a half hours earlier, I challenged jas to reaching mph for prac the next day. One nap was all it took to ruin my plans for the labour day practice..
Awoke with terrible throbs in the head, and my muscles were aching like mad. i knew something went terribly wrong.. the thermometer read 38.5 deg. I was dumbfounded by the glaring truth on the thermometer. still feeling groggy, i thot it was a trick of light. i went back to sleep. making sure that the alarm is still set to 6.30am..

-6.30am 1st may 07-
The alarm woke me. for a moment i wanted to get off the bed. the next moment all that feeling of discomfort filled every tissue of my body. DAMN. i thot. not now.. the thermometer remained as stubborn as ever.. 38.5 deg. It struck me at that moment-practice for me was out of the picture. Reluctantly, i picked up my hp. made the neccessary calls and msges. I laid back on my bed. What the FREAK went wrong?
wasn't i still jking and crapping the day before?
there was still a handful of xianyue peeps who are waiting for assessment..
what is this.. i'm weak.

-8am 1st may 07-
The headache prevented me from sleeping peacefully, apart from an immense feeling of guilt. A msg which i recieved keep whirring through my head : "i think jun zhi who needs your help most will be like huh?"

~8am - 12pm 1st may 07-
My fever seemed reluctant to subside. I'm super pissed with myself. PRAC'S OVER. and i never showed up at all. I wonder how are the juniors. wonder how the weaker ones (no offence) are doing right now. wonder how junzhi was faring with the solo assessment. the doctor said it's due to fatigue and insufficient rest. i wonder whether the other xianyue peeps are having occasional breaks. wonder what will happen if someone else caught such a illness.

i lay in bed. unable to do anything. literally.

-after 12pm 1st may 07
after countless times of 30 min winks, i gave up trying to sleep. trudging unwittingly off my bed for lunch. I can feel every muscle of my body being pulled by gravity. It was not something nice. The only time i slept was really after lunch. 3 hrs of nap peppered with occassional wakes. I suddenly thought of prac-ing erhu. it's in school. it's 9 days to syf. and i cant even practise on my own, let alone practise with the rest.

actually what is this that we are practising for.. like ningfei said. GwH? top in sg? certainly all these accolades are testiment to our abilities.. but again. what is it that really makes co prac an enjoyable thing? it doesn't matter if sometimes people get pissed with one another, it's precisely this ups and downs in hcco that really bonds (no pun intended) everyone together. zhengyou pmsed, wen qi pmsed, I pmsed too. But at the end of the day, we get to know each other better..
The juniors are bonded within themselves. good. but i gotta say this: it's really pitiful and pathetic if a batch of xyz peeps keep to their own batch. Why are snrs called "snrs". The amount of experience they have to share.. what they have gone thru..
It's enough said.
My hands are tired from this post. And sitting up straight on my chair take hell out of me..

All the best to hcco(xyz)

9 days to syf. all apologies for missing prac today..(and most prob tmr) sobs><