Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I have limited time here.. Neways

One half an hour or so and it will be 14 days to syf.

These few days have been a wake up - go school - chiong mph prac CO - go home and sleep - routine for me. During lectures, tutorials, breaks, meetings I was frequently thinking about SYF, sometimes humming the tunes to myself. Crazy I am going to get, but not when I know that I want what I want to achieve. Todays' the 8th consecutive practice for us, I was told by Chen Yang. Tomorrow we are going to have one yet again.

Like shouhao, previously I thought if we were to progress as we were, we would reach the gwh standard by the time we reached syf. What seemed and sounded discouraging and over criticising about our practices (from snrs) became more realistic. Our dynamics, "zheng qi du", and EVEN gongfa was not yet done. Let alone tai feng and other complicated stuff like mo qi. Yet I hear grumbles about practices and see people getting unfocused (laughing talking doing homework) during practices. I must however applaud quite a number who are really worried and practising hard on their own part.

I do not know what would be our final outcome and I do not want to think about it currently. Maybe you are thinking we are already practising very hard now and we are already or almost up to the standard. But the nature of the competition is this: who sow the most seeds who reaps the most benefit. Instead of trying to gauge where we should raise our standards to so that we fit into the gwh category, what we should be working towards is the top. And that means working to our best potential, using every minute of our time have effective practice.

Only 14 days more. What we do in this 14 days will decide what memories we have for CO. For some of us, it may be the last of the 6 years we will be in a Chinese orchestra. I would not want my last year of syf to end with regret. After 10th May, you will have all the time to joke, talk, play, mug wadeva. But for the remaining time let us make sweet memories out of it.

P.S. Finally felt a little better from the flu. The last four days was kinda hellish. Especially on Monday. Take care of your own bodies and dun get ill!!